Sunday, June 19, 2016

Well now, let's catch up!

The orange peel spraying began/then the priming.

Oh the plastic! All over the place.



Everything got 'walled' off in plastic sheeting. And the orange peel was put on.
Unfortunately the day was humid so that was as far as they could go.



They returned the next day with plans on priming and painting. Kurt said he'd put down the flooring in the bathroom along with the vanity and the plumber would put the toilet in.

I secretly did the happy dance...several times. No midnight walks to the outhouse in a Thunderstorm!

Only the priming layer got put on, yet another hot and humid day prevented things from drying.



It looked like there was an alien in my new bathroom!
I couldn't resist a quick shot with my old pink camera.



The old part of the house is where most everything is stashed and covered. Thank goodness I had been putting a lot of thought to organizing how this mess was going to occur.

I have to climb over things to get the cereal, I have to wash very few dishes in the tub [I did it outside before the tub was installed], and we have become porch people.
Apparently we will be moving off the porch soon too. The siding is in as is the interior paint.

The kitchen cabinets should be delivered maybe...Tuesday?

Meanwhile, on Friday, they finished priming the bathroom, put in the floor and set the vanity and the toilet.
And the floor...



I was hoping that Rich liked the floor, I'd had to choose it on my own. 

I'll be getting some different pulls for the vanity, and I have a design for the shower curtain that may look pretty neat.  But one thing at a time.

So I don't forget, here is a photo of the OLD bathroom.





The new kitchen area looks enormous. I can't imagine it finished.
It echoes in there.



Things are really coming along. I am sorry to be at work Monday and Tuesday. But I should be happy with any progress that can be done.

Kurt from Crooked Creek Construction, LLC, is doing a fantastic job.
He thinks of everything.

Today's assignment is to go get the lights, the mirror and some groceries that are easy to fix on a grill, microwave, and crock pot.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Things are shaping up. Love the kitchen sink and the bathroom looks gorgeous. I'd love a floor like that. I have a feeling you will be spending a lot of time on that porch...even when the house is all done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do love our porch so much. Best spot for coffee in the morning and supper at night.

    ReplyDelete