Thursday, March 12, 2015

This Little House

Instead of trying to separate my Mulewings~ Blog from all the daily ramblings, I thought I'd dedicate this blog for at least the summer to the remodel of our Little House.

Some would call it a cottage, some would almost classify it as a Tiny House, but we just call it home.

It was built over 30 some years ago by a bachelor who intended to be the only person living in it.
He actually put a bathroom and septic in when he decided to sell it to my husband.

The outside dimensions of the house are 20 ft X 26 ft.


The remodeling will start as soon as the ground has settled and the road bans for our area have been lifted.

Here is the house from our south side view.  I picked it because it isn't full of mud like our north side view.  The color of the house in case you are wondering is Barn Red. I painted it 15 years ago with barn paint.

The windows are in poor shape, the roof needs a lot of care, and we will be adding a porch to this side and 10 ft to the north side.

Kurt Swenson of Crooked Creek Construction, LLC. will be doing the work. 

I'll add other photos of portions of the house that will be remodeled soon.

Here is the house today after we cut down one of the pines that would have been in the way of the new porch.



Here is a shot of the house in the summer a few years ago when we let the mares into the yard to graze.



So the Little House is going to get a face lift and addition, plus some much needed TLC.


2 comments:

  1. I've always loved your house. I can't wait to see the new do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, I'm sure it will be beautiful when it is finished!

      Delete