Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Picking out colors

My remodeled house may be a spectacle or it may be cute. Hubby and I went to pick out our siding and roofing colors.  Of course we didn't agree on the color of the siding.

So we will compromise.  The majority of the house will have a wheatish-tannish kind of color.
The gables will have barn red shakes or 'fish scales'.

Our roof will be Forest Green.

Windows and trim will be white.

The porch entrance door will match the green roof.
The north side entrance door will match the barn red gables colors.

From what I am reading about proper colors and designs, I need to go for more boring stuff.  Like muted matching greenish stuff or more retirement tan colors.  
Hold on a moment while I go gag.

How about a nice grey tone with white windows and trim?
Nah.

I wonder if people will come down my driveway and see my house and pause.  I don't mind making a statement.  I've decided that the colors fit the personalities of those living inside.

We used the other day to look at countertop colors for the kitchen.  I found some colors that I think will work with black appliances and Hickory cabinets.

This is nabbed from the internet and looks interesting.


The kitchen won't be set up this way, but this is the colors of Hickory matched with the colors of the counter-top I'd like to have.

However the flooring is pretty close to what we thought we'd like and...and... the cabinet on the side of the fridge was something we also talked about.  I love the idea of having a place to put my broom and cleaning stuff!

I've been thinking about the bathroom.  Fixtures [toilet and tub] will be white. But I want some bluish tealish sort of muted colors in it somewhere.  I think I can design a shower curtain to those colors.  

My house would be a rainbow of colors if I could manage it.  I've lived with icky dark brown for too long.

The only brown left will be in wood, natural wood and not this horrid dark paneling we've lived with for so long.  I want light and bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment