Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Things are pulling together!

Well it is time to catch up again!
Lights, action, siding!

Today the siding started going up in earnest.


Note the supervisor. The siding went up as well as the outside lights and all the outdoor outlets.


After the day was done. A new porch. I had a lot of straightening up and sweeping to do. But still with all of the stuff crowded on the porch it still looked pretty impressive.
Especially when compared to ... the old:
Much better!

So here is a view of the entrance we normally come into. It will now have an area to take off muddy boots and be much more open that it was in the past.


And for reference? The old.
Oh my, did I really live in this little red cottage for 20 yrs?

The peaks will be getting their barn red cedar shakes tomorrow. Color me very happy.
I adore barn red, and my home wouldn't be complete without it.
Oh, did you notice the 'barnish' red doors? Yes! Very cool, right?
I am pinching myself tonight.

Oh then reality hits. I am still living in chaos, but that is okay when I stop and admire the roof lines and the house.


When Rich decided he wanted vinyl board and batten, I surely was not convinced, but now I see it and love it.

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty house you have! I love the colors and the board and batten siding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am updating the finished outside tonight! It turned out gorgeous!

      Delete