Thursday, June 16, 2016

Remodel Stress

Apparently we are in the 'worst' stage of remodeling.
The Drywall phase.
Put on the mud, and wait for it to dry. Nothing else can happen until the walls dry.

Well they have been sanding the portions of the walls that are dry.
Next is the spraying of 'orange peel'.
After that dries, they put on primer.

After that dries, the put on paint.

The bathroom is still not operable.  Not complaining, but this is the hardest part. They can only go by small steps at a time and you cannot rush a good job.

The guys have been great through it all and I couldn't ask for a better crew.

However, I felt bad for Morris last night when he went in the house -- he has been staying on the porch for most of this.
He began to gag and couldn't breath. Of course he is close to the ground and I image the drywall dust irritated his lungs. He does have issues with ragweed so much so that I have to be careful not to take him hiking when the pollen is heavy.
Anyway.
I vacuumed and worked on cleaning up an area. 

This morning heated water in the crockpot to wash with and felt like a true camper when I washed my hair and took 'a bath' standing up in the kitchen in the pre-dawn light.

All good things come to those who wait, right?
I also got called into work for today so we'll see how things progress today without me around.

Yesterday I avoided the dust and mess by going to the neighbor's house to do 3 giant loads of laundry. 



I am a bit thrown off by all the things that I can't do during this portion of the remodel.
So yes, I'm feeling a bit stressed today.




2 comments:

  1. I do not envy you one little bit, having to go through all this. I will, however, envy you with a vengeance once it's all done! Hang in there, Val. It will be worth it, right???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it will all be worth it. Somedays I don't feel in control of my mess and feel unorganized. I will love it when I can put things away again!

      Delete