Sunday, May 22, 2016

Update

A lot of the work this past week was roof related.  

Here is a pre construction shot.
Here is an update shot.

It is very hard to imagine what it will look like when the exterior is on.  I can't see it in my head yet.

However, it looks great.  The roof is ready for the next step which is putting on the forest green metal roof.
The porch is ready for the concrete guys to come in and frame it and pour the concrete.


Morris has adjusted fairly well to the construction. I've let him out to greet and be patted by the workers.  He runs around to each of them and gets a pat on the head, it is as if he is checking in on 'his' people.

If he had his way, he'd be helping the guys and getting in the way.  He spends time tied in the yard so he can watch or sleeping in his crate in the house.

After the exterior is done work will move to the interior.  My kitchen won't be the same ever again.  



Which is pretty nice considering that I'll actually have some room in the kitchen to prepare meals.  I bet when this is done, I'll wonder how I got along all of these years with such a small space?



The photo above is pre construction and the window now looks out on the New kitchen area that will be extended.  The window in the new area will be positioned above the kitchen sink.

See?
It is so hard to imagine what things will look like when completed.

3 comments:

  1. Val, you are going to be so happy when this is done. So many changes. It will be so nice to have that porch too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it will, I already like it and the porch floor is not in!

      Delete