Friday, May 13, 2016

Day 17 the framing starts

A quick little 1 minute video of how busy these guys are from Crooked Creek Construction, LLC.

Yesterday they started to frame in the addition.  These guys are hard workers!

From this:


 To this:



The first two shots are of our General Contractor cutting the wood for the framing.

The bottom two shots are showing how it is framing up.

The kitchen window spot is in, the entry door is framed, and both bedroom windows are now framed too.


Above is the view of some of the equipment used and the bottom two shots are of the basement entrance and a shot into the basement.

They were back early this morning and the basement entrance wall is being put in as I type.

Funny note. Rich thought that the phone box was an old phone box and since it was in the way, he simply cut it off.
Nope.  That was our landline.  We still have the internet and he was able to call the phone company to have them come out and fix his error.

So far things are going rather smoothly.  I'm going to get the scrap pieces of the lumber they are cutting and use a hand sander to smooth the edges.

After all, when the little grandkids come to the house, I will have some nice wooden blocks for them to play with!

On another note, I discussed a new computer desk with Rich and I asked if we could take the two old kitchen cabinets and use them as a base for our desk.  
I will repaint and antique them, and then add lumber from all the pallets that we are acquiring.  I have some really fun ideas for reusing some items I have collected.

I learned that I can make a stain for the wood on the pallets with vinegar and a steel wool pad.  I'm going to try and experiment of course before I do that.

So happy decorating to me!

Oh, here is a floor plan of sorts showing what we are doing.  It doesn't show the bump out for the basement stairs nor does it show the porch.

This isn't perfectly accurate, but should give you an idea.

2 comments:

  1. More progress. Thanks for posting the floor plan...now I get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, without out the plan it is hard to figure out what we are doing!

      Delete