Wednesday, May 18, 2016

It begins to take shape

Holy Batman.
I have a lot of organizing to do to catch up with how fast these guys are working!


Sunday night Rich hammed it up in our 'new mud room'.



Monday morning bright and early the Trusses were delivered.
And the guys were working on the framing.  I still couldn't see how this was all going to fit together.  I left for the day for Range Re-Qualifications and a late night shift, but I grabbed a shot before I left.

These guys were busy.



I will be putting together photos of the project from start to finish both as a personal photography project and I will give Kurt a memory stick of the best ones.
He can use them as he pleases.

I was gone Monday and so yesterday morning I grabbed a photo before the work started again.  

A lot was done while I was at work.



They began to put the trusses on yesterday.

And they wasted no time.
The house begins to take on a new shape.



You can look through the 'new' door towards the old entrance.  I am watching the old house transform like a beautiful butterfly.


Today I need to mark out some areas to take update shots from the same place each time.


I couldn't resist a shot with the Infrared filter yesterday. The guys were taking off the old shingles and Rich was watching.


When they were finished, it looked like this:


Only last week ... it looked like this:


Of course Morris was supervising everything at the time.
I have to admit it, the house looks better without those bad shingles!

And so we continue!

2 comments:

  1. That is some transformation. You two must be so excited! Morris is going to love it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are excited! Morris is adjusting very well to the construction. He likes greeting the guys when they come in the morning.

      Delete